IMS full form is an Integrated Management System. It is a management system in which all the systems of the business are integrated together into one component. It makes it easy to achieve whatever mission the company has.
All the practices of the internal system are now put into a system whose components are the same known as IMS. IMS is an integral part of the management system of the company.
All the management systems are linked with each other. This makes the boundary of the process completely seamless.
We will install this IMS system in any company where there is a requirement for a management system in that company, for example, quality management system, environmental management system, food management system and safety management system, etc.
Putting all these management systems in a framework and setting an executive for all these management systems.
This makes it very easy to manage things, there is no confusion in managing the system. After implementing the IMS, the organization takes control of all the systems at once and progresses through them.
Need of IMS
Earlier, the organizations used to keep their management system separate and manage it separately for instance QMS has a different system with the EMS system being different OH&S system is different.
It used different people used to manage different functions differently. Everybody’s auditing plans are different, management review meetings are different, that’s why there is a lot of complexity.
So people become more confused because it was auditing every day. Auditing, and management review meeting was taking place daily. It increases complexity, people used to waste a lot of time.
So keeping this problem in mind, the IMS system was created in which all the management of the company can be done in a framework.
After the complete management of the organization came together, the complexity also decreased and people’s time also started to be saved.
By managing all the management systems through IMS, one can manage the whole management.
- Different standards had to be set for different objectives. An integrated management system works hard to make these multiple objects as one objective in a non-complex way.
- The cost gets very less because you have the same objective and your review is also the same. Before IMS It takes a lot of time and cost for management.
- After using IMS, there is consistency in the system. Systems integrated together.
- In IMS, the organization is able to coordinate easily from high-level staff to a low level.
- Communication takes place very well in IMS because a single framework controls the entire management, this makes all the employees connected through a single framework.
- Business in IMS is easy to achieve the goal of the country and is in a unified way and with this, the Goal can be quickly achieved in less time.
- Conflict in IMS goes away because there is no separate framework to manage the system. And all work managed through it.
- Similarly, due to the framework of IMS, training can be done simultaneously, this saves the cost of training and development done easily.